As an affiliate, I may earn a commission from purchases made through the links on this page.
Reelsonar ibobber fish finder is the best device for those who love going on fishing trips. This is because it’s among the smallest castable fish finders that are portable and flexible. But how does it work? What are its features and specs? Read on and understand more. We’ll do an in-depth reelsonar review to help you know what you’re about to settle for.
Reelsonar ibobber quick review
|Dimension||2 by 2 by 1 inch|
|Depth capability||135 ft|
|Frequency||118 kHz at 90 degrees|
|Waterproof||IPX6 and IPX7|
|The packaging||Ibobber, USB charger, carry pouch, documentation.|
- Patented sonar fish identity
- LED beacon
- Rechargeable battery and a charge status indicator light
- Upto 10 hours battery life
- Syncs with iOS(Apple) 10.0 and later operating systems, Android 4.3 and the latest device that use Bluetooth Smart (4.0)
- Accurate sonar readings down to a depth of 135′
- 2 snap swivel connections for use as a bobber or as the remote fish finder
- Free iOS and Android App
- Bluetooth can smart sync up to a distance of 100′ for the best battery life on the market
- Raw sonar or fish tagging views
- Depth tagged fish icons colour-coded by size
- Waterbed and structure contour mapping
- GPS spot tagging interactive map
- Trip log with the date, time and location, water temperature, condition. It also shows the type of fishing, lure, number and fish species caught.
- Lunar calendar and weather
- Fish and strike alarms
- Optional social media share features
- Trip and spot logging, weather, and lunar calendar app functions without ibobber hardware
- Compatible with Google watch and iWatch.
- It’s lightweight and portable.
- It’s affordable.
- It comes with android/iOS apps.
- Integrated LED lights.
- 10 hours battery life.
- It has numerous sonar functions, including fish tagging.
- It’s easy to set up.
- It is easy to use.
- Low maximum reach.
- Its sonar faces challenges while using in water under 3 feet deep.
- iPhone doesn’t get along with water.
- It’s challenging to confirm its accuracy without a validating device.
- It’s not the best device for active fishing,like ocean fishing.
Ibobber Ice Fishing Review
You’re likely to ask if you can use an ibobber fish finder if you’re into ice fishing. Yes, you can use this unit for ice fishing since it can scan vertically to determine the water depth, bottom surface, school of bait and features. But for this device to work, you have to drill a hole in the ice and let it float on the water surface. Doing this will give you accurate results. However, the cold water might result in readouts and sensor. You should also remove this device from the hole before putting the bait to avoid spoiling it.
Features of reelsonar ibobber fish finder
Reelsonar ibobber fish finder has patented sonar fish identifier technology. It can cover a maximum depth of 135 feet, meaning it’s ideal for casual inland fishing in lakes or rivers. It also includes two snap swivel connections which allow you to use it as either a bobber or remote fish finder. After connecting it with a smartphone,you can use either the raw sonar or fish tagging view. If you use fish tagging view, it will show suggestive color-coded icons.And is also capable of showing trip logs with date, location, water temperature and time. You will also know the fish species you’ve caught, type of fishing,weather and the lure. This unit’s fish ID feature includes strike and fish alarms.
This devices sonar will locate potential targets and show the contours, waterbed, and underwater objects. However, the images are of poor quality since they show a cartoonish representation of the objects.
Reelsonar ibobber has Bluetooth connectivity that allows you to connect it with Android 4.3 or iOS devices and relay the same information on your smartphone.
Reelsonar ibobber works differently from other fish finders. This is because its display is your smartphone’s screen. With your phone, you’ll see much clearer images and better lighting, unlike some of the portable fish finder’s screens. You will also see detail and fish markers.
The battery life of this unit is 10 hours, meaning you can go fishing with it with fewer worries since it will hold the charge longer. But for maximum battery efficiency, keep your transducer within 100 feet of your phone.
This unit’s versatility is unmatchable with the fixed fish finders. This is because you can use it for fishing abroad in any boat like a bass boat, canoe, kayak and float tube. It’s also good for ice and bank fishing. You can use it for hiking in remote places or travelling.
It allows for GPS spot tagging using an interactive map. This makes it possible for you to tag potential fishing hotspots and mark important areas in your fishing. Note that this unit doesn’t include any navigation-related features.
You can perform other functions using the ibobber app. It allows you to log your trips which is possible by tapping the GPS tagging button on the screen. After doing this, the device will save the date, time and location automatically. But you can add other details, if need be, like naming the trip and the fishing lures.
The app also allows for the waterbed mapping feature. All you should do is cast out then reel in the sonar unit. While reeling it in, this device will map the bottom contours, which will help you locate structure where fish are likely to hide in.
Remember, the app also allows you to use two additional features, the lunar calendar and the weather reports. Through the lunar calendar, you can see the moon phases while the weather reports feature shows the temperature, wind speed, barometric pressure and the percentage chance of rain.
To understand how this fish finder works watch the video while its in action.
Going by this device features, they make it the best castable fish finder. It costs less than $100, meaning it’s affordable. It also gives accurate data than some of the expensive fish finders. However, you need to learn how to use it,especially while ice fishing, to get accurate results. If you are interested in buying one, check out the latest price on Amazon!