As an affiliate, I may earn a commission from purchases made through the links on this page.
Although Garmin manufactures some of the best fish finders settling for any of its models is never easy, especially if you’ve no deeper insight into its specs. This is because they come in different sizes, models, and variations. We will do a thorough review of Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 93sv, the newest model of ECHOMAP UHD 73sv released in 2020. You’ll make your selection easier through our review since you understand what’s about the fish finder. So read this informative article.
ECHOMAP UHD 93sv Specs
- A 9-inch bright, sunlight-readable touch screen with buttons. You can also use it in darkness because it’s backlit.
- GT56 transducer that provides a Garmin chirp traditional sonar with ultra-high-definition clearVU scanning sonars and sideVU with a 20% greater range and three frequencies for better performance at all depths.
- Vivid scanning sonar color palettes enabling you to differentiate between targets and structures.
- Preloaded lakeVU g3 inland maps with integrated Navionics data covering a minimum of 18000 lakes with up to 1′ contour.
- Garmin echomap UHD 93sv supports panoptix all-seeing sonar and also panoptix livescope sonar.
- Capable of sharing sonar, mapping, and user data with other series like ECHOMAP plus, ECHOMAP UHD, and ECHOMAP ultra units.
- Includes NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 network support enabling the autopilot, heading sensors, and engine data to perform.
- A quick-release bail mount enabling faster and easy mobility.
- Compatible with a force trolling motor for full control of the motor from the screen and route to waypoints and follow tracks.
- Has inbuilt Wi-Fi that connects with the free ActiveCaptain app allowing for updates and chart upgrades.
Note that this device can cover a depth of 2300 feet in freshwater, while in salty water, it can go up to 1100 feet.
Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 93sv Quick Review
|Device interface||Touch screen|
|Package content||ECHOMAP combo; GT56UHD-TM transducer, power cable, 8-pin transducer to a 12-pin sound adapter cable, tilt/swivel (9 inches), flush-mount, protective cover, hardware, and documentation.|
|Connection||Wireless NMEA 2000 NMEA 0183|
|Dimension||13 by 8 by 8 inches|
|Diagonal screen size||9 inches|
|GPS||Internal GPS antennae Heading Temperature Depth Speed|
|Resolution||400 by 800|
|Sonar||UHD Clearvu UHD traditional chirp Temperature UHD sideview|
|Transmitting power||500 watts RMS|
|Mount type||Quick disconnect|
|Display type||Color WVGA|
Its Navigation and mapping
This device comes with preloaded US lakeVu HD charts. But if you want to use it offshore, you’ll have to use a different navigation chart or base maps. The advantage of using preloaded charts is that they’re more detailed and covers at least 18000 lakes and rivers in the US. The lakeVu contains the tide tables and the multi-depth range shading, which is not in the previous lakeVu g2. It has a 5Hz GPS receiver that’s accurate with a fast positioning of 5 times every second. With it, you can save 5000 waypoints, 50000track points, and 50 tracks.
Since this device has many sailing features, engine metrics panels, and autopilot commission navigation, it is easier.
The sonar and transducer
Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 93sv includes a GT5UHD-TM transducer with a 20′ cable and a 12-pin connector with a temperature sensor. Since this device is a freshwater transducer. It covers a maximum of 800 feet for traditional sonar. But has a maximum depth capacity for DV and Sv of 500 feet.
For this device to cover a depth of 2300 feet, you’ll need a transducer for deep water, which makes it suitable for inland fishing. However, if you want to fish offshore, ensure you’re within the depth of 800 feet.
It also includes broadband chirp sonar, down imaging, side imaging, and dual-frequency HD-ID. The dual frequencies support 50/200kHz and 77/200 kHz transducers.
The Control unit
Using this unit will enable you to get quality images because of the several color ranges and pixel matrix. The LED backlight and adjustable lighting also allow you to use it in any condition.
Its IPX7 waterproof makes it durable and allows you to use it 1m deep for 30 minutes in fresh water.
It includes a touch screen technology that can work as a tablet, although it also has buttons helping you while in water since operating a touchscreen can make the screen unreadable within no time.
This fish finder can use a motor guide and Minn Kota trolling motors. It can connect to the unit’s quick-release mount with connectors for NMEA 2000, power, transducer, and panoptix. With either NMEA 0183 or 2000, it can communicate with other boat equipment.
Its upgrades feature
With this device, you can upgrade the panoptix sonar technology, allowing you to see live-action sonar rather than still images on your screen. Since this device includes a fused panoptix, you’ll only require a transducer that will enable you to use this technology.
To upgrade navigation features, use a micro-SD card slot and either BlueChart g2 vision, blueChart g2, or LakeVu HD ultra. You can also get auto-guidance features in some navigation updates that tell you the safest path between two points.
NMEA 2000 serves the engine data, autopilot units AIS, VHF radio, and sensors.
- It supports different Garmin transducers plus the Panoptix livescope scanning sonar system.
- It’s easy to set up and use and also includes a protective cover.
- It has a dual-frequency sonar.
- It Has a micro-SD card reader slot.
- It’s easy and quick to disconnect.
- Includes an internal GPS.
- Its sonar has the capability to record and rewind.
- You can customize the maps with this device.
- It comes with a ready Panoptix.
- Its sonar has several functions.
- It has a target definition and separation.
- It entails autopilot and sailAssist.
- It Has depth range shading.
- Displays information on the tide table.
- It has a 9-inch screen which allows you to see quality images.
This unit’s main disadvantage lies in its manual since it covers all the series of the ECHOMAP chirp family, meaning all the instructions are not for this model only.
Trolling mount for the transducer is not part of the package.
If you need an ECHOMAP fish finder with a transducer supporting offshore fishing in freshwater, this is the ideal model. With it, you’ll be able to use great features, technology, and the best navigation system. Because of NMEA Its capable of connecting to autopilot, digital switching, and weather from one screen. Updating the software and connecting it to other apps is easy owing to its built-in Wi-Fi. Remember you have to use this device in the correct depth of 800 feet if you don’t have deep water transducers for the best results. If you are interested in buying, check out the latest price here on Amazon!
Latest Fish Finder Buyer Guides Best Fish Finder for the Money Best Kayak Fish Finder Best Portable Fish Finder Best Ice Fishing Fish Finder Best Small Boat Fish Finder